This week I bring you a fun mixed media dream catcher. I started out with a few products from the Dollar Tree that I had no idea what I was going to use them for, and came up with this fun project.
Willow Wreath (Dollar Tree)
Pink Rafia (Dollar Tree)
Floral Wire (Dollar Tree)
DecoArt AmericanaDECOR Color Stain in Fuchsia
DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Fab Fuchia
Pre Painted Book Pages
1. Stain the willow wreath. I used DecoArt AmercanaDECOR Color Stain in Fuchia. Make sure you get inside all the nooks and crannies.
2. Add a layer or two of DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Fab Fuchia.
3. Use the Pink Rafia to create the center.
4. I used prepainted book pages and Floral wire to create the feathers. Fold the page in half , center a piece of floral wire on one side, and glue together. When it's dry cut into the shape of a feather and add little diagonal cuts towards the center to get the texture.
5. Tie three long strands of Rafia to the bottom of your dream catcher.
6. Attach two feathers t each strand using washi tape.
7. Hang up!
I hope you like this project. Please subscribe to my blog to see future posts. Come back next week to see what I have in store.